22 March 2010

nerding out.

i have never, never, never ever professed to be cool. you kids should know that. i was an newspaper kid in high school. an accounting major in college. i am cpa who takes writing classes for fun.

anyways, my cousin Skip introduced me to google analytics, and my little nerdy, number loving soul jumped for joy.

let me get you a screenshot, so you can fully revel in the beauty:

it's beautiful. it has numbers. and charts. and highlighted maps of the world where my readers are coming from. (and it makes me realize how BIG Alaska is in proportion to the rest of the united states. and it makes me want to give a shout out to my-friend-living-in-the-land-of-the-north-audrey. so, shout out.)

i recently (4 1/2 months ago) left the world of accruals and SCF (oh, that's statement of cash flows for all poli-sci majors out there) for a world of html, mobile user interfaces, and squishy, touchy feely project management. this beautiful report fits nicely with my new-work-world. but it's measuring my writing world. it's all quite exciting.

AND it's not just family and friends checking it out. a couple new people are discovering Jackson Riley. well, hello to you.

it's inspiring. it's energizing. it makes me want to keep writing, which is what this is all about.

to conclude my extra-long post about numbers, i want to say thank you to Skip for teaching me about this beautiful  service. and i want to say thank you - no, really - THANK YOU for reading me. you all sure know how to make a girl feel good about herself.

3 comments:

  1. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just keeps getting better...Google Analytics rocks. And even better, I'm really liking your writing, cuz!

    Skip

    ReplyDelete
  3. even though my blog is still just a small small slice of the internet, i completely understand that rush knowing that someone out there you don't even know is sharing your world. its like magic.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, unless you're a troll or a bully, in which case I will delete you so fast...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...