18 May 2010

well, hello again



I'm back. I sincerely meant to have a wonderful, beautiful post for you today. I thought about it in Vancouver, where I decided that I need to put more time into my posts -- this strategy of "putting sh*t up in between work emails and meetings" is perhaps not the road to success that I once thought it was.


But then I took 6 1/2 hours worth of naps this weekend. It really cut into my blogging time, but there was no getting around it. I was the type of tired where I became a little bit cry-y. For instance, Amos and I went to our neightborhood breakfast place and my trusty Monetary Omelette was not as spectacular as usual. In fact, I'll say it, the eggs were a smidge overcooked. And, you know what, instead of telling the waitress or determining if it was a big deal, I started to tear up.
Over eggs. 
Yeah.

At this point, Amos suggested that I should maybe take a nap.

Again, cue the waterworks and the stammering "I'm just really tired and really stressed with work and I was looking forward to the omlette and my life is just so hard and nobody could possibly understand and you just feel like you can tell me what to do and..." Except that my life isn't hard, everyone can understand, Amos never tells me what to do, and apparently when I'm tired, I turn into a four year old...  with bad manners.


So I took a nap on Saturday. And after another near melt-down in the AT&T store on Sunday, I decided I needed a nap that afternoon too.

I woke up this morning, somewhat better rested, and knew I needed to leap back into blogland but wasn't quite sure how. I haven't yet looked at my reader -- usually my source for inspiration -- because I think it will be a bit overwhelming. So all day, as I've putzed and worked and emailed, I've been thinking:

blog. blog. blog. BLOG. and...


For some reason, I just couldn't. I kept ending up here:


Now, mind you, I don't Twitter. Or Tweet. Or whatever the f*ck you call it. I already have a blog... what more do you people want? And I just never bothered to learn why everyone was putting the @ in front of everything. @ symbol this: @idon'tspeakin140characterbits

I think even that's too long for a proper Twitter name. Damn.

But then, as I get all high and mighty, a status update pops up. Take a look at that first one...To love is to be vulnerable. The only place outside Heaven where you can be safe from the dangers of love is Hell. Well thank you, @CSLewisDaily. I'm glad now I can enjoy your thought-provoking-if-slightly-too-Christian-for-my-taste prose without having to pick-up The Screwtape Letters. I'll only meddle through that sucker once.

But before I can ponder too deeply, another one just came up!  I always say this; boys call girls complicated? Um, HELLO? Have they ever met themselves before. Ah, love that @TaytlorSwift13, even her endearing misuse of a semicolon... wait, something tells me that's not the real Taylor Swift.


Anyway.... sigh... that's how I now find myself watching the Twitters (I refused to call them Tweets; that's an unbelievably stupid word) pop up and it's... calming. Unnervingly calming. It's like a baby mobile but for adults. It stops the buzzing in my head that has been going since 5:30 this morning. I just all relaxed and loose. It's like the mind-numbing effects of alcohol without the hangover/stigma of doing it at 10AM.




As we approach the end of the day... I pulled myself of Twitter and landed on Jackson Riley and here I be. It's not great, but it's jumping back in. This week I'm sure I'll catch you up on the the Vancouver trip (beautiful), my weekend (exciting when I was not napping), and the general blog-fodder that is my little life.

Until then, see ya. My 3PM meeting is about to start.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous18 May, 2010

    Bahahaha, brilliant post. I haven't really looked at anyone's blog since I left for LA a week and a half ago, and I've half-assedly tried to catch up for the past 5 days. It's killing me. It's a nightmare. wtf.
    And I don't twitter either. What DO those @signs mean?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really know how to tell an engaging story in your posts. I was sick all last week and found myself taking naps--you forget the difference it can make in your life. I really don't get twittering. It just eliminates the whole self-editing process of sharing one's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Don't feel bad, I turn into a petulant four year old any time I'm overtired and pretty much anytime I'm hungry for too long. Wait, maybe I'm not a four year old so much as an infant. Either way, I hear you. Glad you were able to catch up on some rest.
    And honestly, when I fall behind in my blog reading I most often forget trying to catch up and just come back in current time. There are just too many posts I feel like I would perpetually be a day or two behind, and that thought stresses me out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm guilty of hte same behavior and I get mad at my sweet Badger when he tells me to nap or something along those lines even though he never tells me what to do. It's funny that you posted that little boy in front of the UP! poster as my blog post today is about UP!. I have been sick the last two days so my bloggage has been on the backburner until today, in which I've spent 2 of my at-home-sick-from-work hours catching up as much as I have patience for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, that kid looks just like Russell from Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm a little late in the game, but I find this website reassuring too:

    http://wefeelfine.org/wefeelfine_mac.html

    you can search for a particular feeling or just click around and see what other people are feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, unless you're a troll or a bully, in which case I will delete you so fast...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...