14 May 2012

Out of Office :: in America

Friends! I'm going to be away for a couple weeks. I'm meandering back to the States: Writing this from Tokyo, shortly boarding to America, stopping in Chicago, South Carolina and, perhaps, St. Louis, if I can squeeze it in. I'm rather stoked about it, though I was oh-so-sad to leave Amos (there might have been some tears shed. I'm a big ol' sap.) I'm guessing I won't have much time to write while I'm on the road, but I'm going to post a picture per day(ish) for those who want to keep up on my trip. Je matta ne!


Update from Brian & Leigh's wedding -- May 19th:



Update from our cottage, Bluffton, SC -- May 18th:
Right behind our cabin. It's a jungle out here.


Update from Bluffton, South Carolina -- May 17th:
Welcome to the Low Country. It's beautiful here, but, holy schmoley, the bugs are big.
Update from Chicago -- afternoon on May 15th:
I wasn't really playing tourist, but I couldn't help snapping a photo as I crossed the street on the way to Lincoln Park.
The weather was a perfect 75 degrees. Well done, Chicago. Well done.


Update from Chicago - 4:30AM on May 15th:
My friend Ryan took the couch so I could crash in his bed.
I repaid his kindness by eating Meyer Lemon cookies and rasberries in said bed when I woke up at 4:30AM totally jet-lagged.
I may be a total jag weed.


From Tokyo -- 3:00PM on May 14th:
I so WISH this was my plane (instead of the boring United plane I'm on).
Also, see the airport workers under the plane?  As it pulled away from the gate, they lined up, waved it goodbye, and then deeply bowed.
Japan is delightful.

1 comment:

  1. They bowed???? I love them. And this plane! Where was it going? I feel as though you need to book a ticket on it just because you'd be in a Hello Kitty plane, and that my fine friend, doesn't happen daily. (or ever unless you live in Japan).

    Welcome back to the states! We've missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, unless you're a troll or a bully, in which case I will delete you so fast...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...